Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Turkey Day

Traditionally I spend all of turkey day cooking for friends who don't have family in town. I adore cooking and dont really spend as much time doing it as I would like these days. It is very fulfilling for me to throw down a crazy ass feast for Thanksgiving and spoil those whom I adore. Generally I just wake up at the crack of dawn and start cooking. I cook all day and we eat all day. Each new dish that comes out is eaten warm out of the oven. The smaller portions throughout the day make it where everyone can try a little of everything. We watch crazy movies, drink alo tof red wine and smoke our little lungs out while the house fills with the aromas of the season. It is decadence at its best. This year will be no different. On to the goodies:

In no particular order.

Asian Bruchetta
This has a spicier flair than traditional bruchetta. Yumyumyum.

Strawberry with Watercress
(on peppered water crackers)
These are spicy sweet cheesy goodness.

Roasted red pepper, rosemary, pastrami rolls.
I think you know these little fuckers are the bomb!

Crab w/ dill on cayenne toasts
These are hot and really green tasting.
You cant go wrong with crab at my house anyway

My Infamous deviled eggs
I have been making these deviled eggs since
I was a little girl. They are chock full of yummy chunky goodness.
A little sweet.

Pomegranate Tarts
Baby custards with pomegranate.

White Chocolate Bread Pudding
( with poached cherries)

Spicy curry sauce w/
steamed brussel sprouts, cauliflower,
red bell peppers, green beans

Fruit tray w / Yogurt sauce

Cornish Hens

fresh roasted garlic mashed potatoes

Mayan Hot Cocoa
I recently perfected this yummy liquid gold.




Damn. That is some serious food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home