Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Presentation on professional domination

Today myself and the business partner extraordinaire will be doing a presentation for a local lifestyle group on Professional Domination. Here is my introduction and a brief description of the presentation. Ill let you all know how it went tomorrow ;) Feel free to post you own questions and comments.
Bloody Butterfly Kisses,
Domina Betka Schpitz


Let me begin by giving you all My slant on professional BDSM and its place in the scene. It is unfortunate but true everyone can not lead an openly kinky lifestyle. This could be someone who has a high profile career with a concern for being outed, someone who has a partner that they truly adore in every way yet cant come to an agreement for a kinky arrangement, seasoned players wanting to explore a new play style or receive specific training for a particularly dangerous or new activity, as well a hundreds of other possibilities. In a community as diverse as our own I am sure you can all see that there are many ways the professional dominant can help lifestyle players as well as vanilla novices explore kinky scenarios. What I am not is a dildo with a whip, this means that people can not simply come in and pay a fee in exchange for having their fantasies met. When interviewing prospective professional slaves I only accept people who’s interests coincide with my own. This means they must be sincere in a desire to submit to me completely during our time together and open to expanding their boundaries. In a professional setting the slave is paying for my time, equipment, playspace and expertise. This allows me to devote the time and energy necessary to building my skills as a Domme by freeing up what would otherwise be time spent working in a vanilla environment. I have a passion for this lifestyle that is only fueled as time goes by, mostly I believe because I can devote a huge part of my daily life to this journey. A lot of people seem to believe that if there is a transaction involved it takes away from the 'magic of BDSM'. I find this terribly close minded and hope to clear up some of those misconceptions by this discussion today.

I have been interested in power exchange for as long as I can remember. I have been actively involved in BDSM/ and DS for about a decade, every since I knew there was a term for my desires. My progression into professional BDSM was a natural one. In 1999 I discovered that I could live my greatest dream. To completely immerse myself into a lifestyle that was not only spiritually fulfilling but also allowed Me the privilege of collecting equipment, wardrobe, and building the playspace of My dreams. I have a background and major interest in psychology and as you all know this is a psychological playground with a myriad of possibilities. I worked under another Mistress for about a year and soon found that our work ethic and the way we approached this lifestyle were vastly different. This helped me make the decision to move on and open my own playspace.Though I was never formally trained perse, I spent the better part of my early years in the scene reading everything I could get my hands on , speaking with community elders, attending workshops, and of course my personal favorite, hands on training. Professional domination as a career choice means that we are constantly learning new techniques, safer cleaning procedures and staying abreast on any current issues surrounding consensual exploration of bdsm.......


(Meeting presentation: Pro-Dominants. What is this thing called Professional Domination? What is it that a Dominatrix does anyhow? "They don’t really work after all, do they? Could be paid to beat somebody! Where do I sign up? 3 different Professional Dominas give you their points of view and answer questions regarding the realities, the work, their passions, and their reasons for choosing their often misunderstood careers. Ms. Ember Burns, Ms. Betka Schpitz and Ms. Vekquin all posses a variety of backgrounds and view points regarding their work and look forward to sharing this information with you. www.rcdc.org)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home