Tuesday, June 06, 2006

“Does your family know about your job?”

My mother came to my first apartment and found a personal dungeon set up in my bedroom. Her response “ What is this?” My answer “ What does it look like?” I explained to her that I was no longer a child and if she was going to invite herself into my bedroom she should expect to find accoutrements of my sexuality. Then I laughed and explained she shouldn’t be surprised, I am her daughter after all. (She has to be the most dominant woman I have ever met.) I never felt guilty or strange because of my desires so it was not an issue to me. I didn’t flaunt my bisexuality or kinky proclivities as a youngster in the conservative Lone Star State but I played with power exchange and bondage since I can remember. My father died when I was about 5 years old from cancer he developed due to Agent Orange exposure in the Vietnam War. He was a free spirit and I am certain I would have been as open with him as I was with my mother.

My sister and I have always been very close. I was her surrogate mom through most of our latch-key childhood. She has seen my progression since then and was not surprised when I opted to make a career out of kink. I am not close with the rest of my family. They are close-minded, average right-wing Texans and we just don’t have a lot in common. I see no reason to freak Granny out with tales of fetish excursions and domination sessions. That would be selfish and wrong in my opinion. That being said, if she found out and asked me about it, I would not lie. My ethics revolve around not doing anything I am ashamed of or feel like I wouldn’t want someone I care for to find out about. Several of my cousins and a couple of aunts know what I do. Though they don’t understand, they trust my judgment and wish me well.

Being “out” was the only choice for me. I choose to only include people in my life who love me for who I truly am, not who they want me to be. I understand everyone has a unique situation and being out is not the best choice for some. I do my best to teach bottoms how to cope with the double life often required for enjoying kinky endeavors.

I would love to hear some concerns people who are not out have so that I can include them in a follow up.

For now…back to the pool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home