Thursday, July 13, 2006

Personal ads

Time for some tips on answering personal ads. ( And actually getting responses.) I have enjoyed using personal ads in the past for convenience and the ability to target specific interests. Contrary to popular belief, I am a bit of a hermit. I enjoy spending time one on one with my friends and family when I am not traveling or organizing events. I have created a comfortable studio and nourishing home environment so I enjoy being there. I do not really like traditional bars and nightclubs. Personals sites are wonderful when I am looking for a new play partner. I can find other people who enjoy private play and share my extremely gourmet sexual proclivities. I generally take on one new serious personal play partner every couple years. This has given me quite a bit of experience in reviewing responses to personal ads. I hope these simple suggestions will help you when dabbling in such pursuits. Some quick and dirty dos and don'ts:

Answering a personal ad

~ Read the person's ad and profile. This means actually familiarizing yourself with their interests and expectations. If you are not willing to take the time to find out what trips their trigger why should they spend time responding to you?

~• Be concise. Initially you need to ascertain whether they are interested. Give a brief description of why you wrote them, mutual interests, previous experience and do not assume familiarity or intimacy. When I say brief I mean less than two paragraphs. If you were a movie your response would be the trailer.

~ Do not send freaky notes of love and adoration before you have met. At best what your describing is a physical attraction and lust. It is ridiculous, and reeks of silly internet wankers. Who in their right mind would want to be in a relationship with someone who is professing their complete loyalty and subservience to every leash dangling in the wind? This is not some whimsical fairytale, it is real life. There will be plenty of time for ass-licking ,lovey-dovey talk later.

~ Do not send any erotic photos at all without being asked. It is rude and is akin to "flashing". Stay in your raincoat mr.creepy pants, everyone doesn'’t want to see "“lil jim"”.I am joking a bit but seriously, don't assume that because people are kinky they are interested in participating with you. I do not enjoy random men sending me pictures of the cock and know very few women who do.

~ Do be prepared to send some sort of photo or expect a much lower response rate. People want to know who they are talking to. It is ok to send discreet g rated pictures.

~ Do not embellish in your response the truth will come out. You will look foolish and everyone's time will have been wasted. This includes not being honest with yourself regarding your own needs.

~ Be engaging. This means have something to say. Say it with enough flair to make someone want to continue talking to you. This is not the time to go into a litany of what you hate about this or that, or a long pervy fantasy. This is your golden opportunity to show how witty and entertaining you can be. Remember the saying about first impressions?

~ Do NOT send "cut and paste" mass emails. They are unimaginative and unattractive. Take the time to select people you who are compatible with your interests and limits. Customize your response to individuals who seem like a good fit.. You are not fishing for tuna here, quality over quantity.

Hope this helps someone score the pervert of their dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home