Friday, June 23, 2006

4 years in Portland today!

This is the first place I have lived that I have absolutely adored. I would not live anywhere else in the U.S. for any substantial amount of time. It is the perfect blend of small, artsy town meets beautiful city. I can be in any major West Coast city in 2-3 hrs if I need a big city fix. I have been reflecting everything that has happened in the last 4 years. Wow. I wouldn't know where to begin to describe it all. I love this town.

Still plugging away at the studio.I am so pleased with how it is turning out. It feels like it is truly my space again. I set up a spa room for my massage table and supplies. I want to have all the pedicure supplies, hot stones, massage tools and the like available anytime. (I have Kitten informally trained in reflexology and massage.)( Thanks S for the inspiration. Your one of my favorite witchy hedonists.)This is the best the space has felt since I have lived here and its great that its just in time for my "Ptown Anniversary".

I am nervous about the upcoming events this summer. People can be so disrespectful to the space. I was recently talking to a friend of mine while she helped with some work at the studio. She recounted a time when she had been at another event here and offered to help them clean up afterwards. (Keep in mind: It was a private event that received a deep discount to support a charity cause.) As the event wound down, she asked someone if she should start cleaning up. Their response " Oh I have rented here before. I can clean this place in 15 mins."

Really?( If you were here you would see the shock and awe on my face.) It takes Kitten and another person at least 3 hrs to prepare it for a party if there is nothing to pick up or move. Cleaning is a lot more than picking up trash. It is 3,500 sq ft of multiple rooms including 2 bathrooms. 15 minutes? (and people wonder why I am done.) I am going to draw up a new, more detailed rental agreement with cleaning and damage fees included. I have been really laid back in the past but my bullshit meter is off the charts at this point. I just hate to think of all the work we have been doing being demolished during a few parties.

I am sure you would rather look at something saucy than hear me gab about studio stuff. This is just at the front of my mind. I have a ton of people asking about it. When it is all said and done I can link these posts on the Venom site for future reference. Then inquiring minds can read it straight from the source and I wont have to repeat the same stuff over and over.

Now on to the saucy stuff:

Look at this hood!. I would trade a cup size for this baby. Seriously, I almost had an orgasm just looking at it. YUMMY.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back and writing. I may not comment often, but I do read what you say!

I agree on the boys should visit other dommes, i have heard of many saying oh this was bad that was bad. I always say keep trying. You will pay and find a Domme that rocks for you.

As for your space be full on bitch about it, you know if not, people will walk all over you.

Lastly that hood is to die for, matter of fact I told HB I wanted him in it for the next fetish ball, he drooled and said yes Maam!

You rock, hugs sista

6/23/06, 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ms. Betka, It is truly wonderful to hear that You are doing so well in Portland, though You are definitely missed back here in Austin. It is both admirable and inspiring to see Your unabated pursuance of kinkiness and perverted pleasures. Thank You for Your generosity in sharing a glimpse of Your world with us voyeurs. Your candidness and lucidity are refreshing and quite the joy to read.

Respectfully,
sirena

6/24/06, 9:20 AM  
Blogger lacysissy said...

I am truly glad that you came to Portland. I have lived and worked all over the country but I feel most at home in Portland.

6/24/06, 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home