Monday, June 19, 2006

Portland goes gay for a day!

I had a great time yesterday. Got dolled up in my most obnoxious polka dotted latex dress, big sunglasses and a grin from ear to ear. Mommy Char had set up a truck on the parade route so we had a place to sit and relax. (Thank you!) It was a small but enthusiastic turnout by Ember's this year. ( Ember's is a Ptown drag haven.) The floats were an interesting mix of churches, corporations, charities, support organizations, performance troops and perverts. It was really nice to see everyone show their support.

I loved the In Her Tube car. It was a little old mint green (ish) car and they had a strap on harness on the front. So cute. I love their product. It is recycled rubber (inner tubes)and they custom fit them, specializing in big girls. They also make a really cool harness that goes on like a wrist guard. It has a hole in the center that you stick your favorite faux cock through and “Voila!” No more hand cramping or carpal tunnel! Well not a complete end, but dildo loving dykes and other women who love to jack off know exactly what I am talking about. They are making a new crop as well, they sweetly tossed me one during the parade. This thing is light and whippy but also very accurate. Did I mention its rubber? Ok I am going to stop gushing , just go check them out, it is good stuff.( Thanks again. You ladies rock. We want to see more of you in the near future.)

Next year, I want to be on the square dancing float. They seemed to be having the best time. They were full on square dancing through downtown Portland. How could that not be fun?

Other favorites were Sissyboy, Red Dress Party, the Latin dancers, the firemen, baton twirlers, the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence and of course seeing the leather pervs out in full force is always nice. I like watching Bridgett's little lamb crack his whip. (Dinner soon.)One of the most amazing ones I saw was a local high school. I am so happy I live in a city where a high school will sponsor a float in the Pride Parade. That does not happen back home.

The hottest is always “Dyke's on Bikes”. They start the parade and just cruise through downtown looking like mean ass biker dykes. Hello , Hello! This year a particular pair caught my eye, anyone know who the hot blondes were towards the back in revealing leathers? I am guessing they were from out of town, if not someone please clue me in. Yum.

Spanks decided to go check out the water front festival with me since Char and Roxy opted to head home. We hooked up with Ling briefly. She was looking like a sex pot in her all nude ensemble, cruising L Word style in her fancy glasses and midriff sweater. I had a few drinks and just wanted to enjoy the day so we wandered about with no big plan. Ran into tons of people, some good, some strange and some extremely hot women I would love to see again.

I was looking forward to a day without work, however, when you run a kinky space and attend a queer event, it is inevitable you will talk shop. A lot of people were fishing for studio info (understandable). Most of them happy for me and supportive of my choice to shut it down. I cleared up a few misconceptions and had a weird exchange with this guy who seems to always have a dominant stick up his ass ( or one in his mouth, one never knows about these things). You know the type, they always have something to prove. He came up in the middle of a lovely conversation I was having to make a huge production of saying hello to his friends (One of whom he had just been speaking to). He went through the trouble of saying “ Hello My Friend XXX “and kissing one on the lips, then repeated the grandiose little ritual with the other. I assumed he was just drunk or something until he turned to me and said “oh and…(creepy pause) hi. I am SOOO sorry to hear your bad news.” (Umm,What? Mistress Manners needs to make a visit to this one.) I told him that was a very strange way to say hello and I was not sure what he was referring to. I am doing great. He mentioned the studio and it became clear. This was his shoddy attempt to publicly humiliate me.

Silly boy. For humiliation to work you actually need to know what your talking about. He was misinformed and apparently thought I was “losing” my dungeon. It was distasteful that someone who I have never had a conversation with (beyond general niceties) would find glee in my perceived failure. Some people have so little joy in their own lives they live to see other people fail. (Sorry pal, next stop, all is good in my pervy corner of the world.) Let’s just say he was surprised and obviously disappointed when I told him that it was not bad news for me but I understood others would be disappointed. His big smile faded and he scurried off as soon as he found that there was no misery to throw in anyone’s face. How predictable. Things like this are the exact reason I want to get out of holding public events and renting to people I do not know.

Overall the day was a lot of fun and a needed break from my fanatical studio cleansing… Lots of instructional stuff and sessions coming up. Also, getting ready for about 8 visitors coming through town in the next 3 weeks. Its going to be a slick and dirty den of vice.

I’ll keep you posted.

P.S. Excuse the rambling nature of my recent posts. I have a lot going on and am having a hard time focusing. Things will be back in full swing this next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home