Saturday, June 17, 2006

"Private Space"

Things are moving along at record speed in the studio. The window is freshly painted and looking very clinical. Perfect. It is going to take a while to complete my vision. In the interim, I made a sign " Installation in progress... Private Space No Public Use." I get so frustrated with people knocking on the door. (Mostly foot traffic, though sometimes people who have come to events.) I also hope to cut down on people inquiring about studio use by coming to the door. Our guests often need strict discretion, not to mention the doorbell is distracting when you are conducting a scene.

Someone I do not know well asked me if I was putting the private sign in the window as a "ha ha we are no longer public". I had not even considered it that way. I was shocked and it took me a moment to think about it. It was a very strange assumption. I am closing the studio so that I don't have to worry about other people and can focus on my needs as well as those of my pervy family. There is nothing beyond that, really. I am tired of doing it, I work for myself and can make decisions based on what I would like to do. Sorry folks, no juicy secret.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say my decisions are based on what is best for me, not community perception. I do not spend my time trying to manipulate and "neener neener boo boo" people. My energy is spent on creative endeavors not destructive social games.

There is a misconception that because I am closing the space for public use this means I will not maintain the dungeon. I never said that. Not that this is anyone's business, considering I pay my own bills...but...I do understand, inquiring minds want to know; I will be maintaining my current space. I will no longer be allowing public use because it is too time consuming, costly, and destructive.

When I originally decided to close the space I was buying property and planned to combine home and business. I offered the information about rental to several organizers for large kinky groups in Portland. People showed interest but no ambition to move forward. Since then, things have evolved. The offer no longer stands. My landlord really wants me to stay and made me an offer I could not refuse.

I am elated and so thankful. I love this place, I have poured everything I have spiritually, financially and mentally into it. This new situation is going to allow the freedom to travel and explore my path as I desire. I will be honoring all party rentals currently booked and will continue to rent to established renters. ( A closing date will be Mid-August sometime. We are no longer accepting new renters or booking parties.)

Now, enough studio gossip. I want nothing more than for someone else to pick up where I have left off and open a newer, bigger, better playspace for Portland kinksters to enjoy. Stumptown perverts , kick it into high gear and get another space going! Time is of the essence. Someone has to take action or large public parties will be a thing of the past. We have an amazing group of people here who are very resourceful. Won't someone step up?

3 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

I think it's very exciting that you are getting a nice private space set up how you want. I can just anticipate the amount of creative energy it could unleash.

6/22/06, 8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is there still a dungeon in town that is renting out space? I'd like to have a well layed out space to take my slavegirl.

7/2/06, 4:40 PM  
Blogger Betka Schpitz said...

Hi Mina,
I do not know of any other public spaces here in Portland but will post news if and when someone opens something. Good luck!

7/2/06, 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home