Monday, October 30, 2006

Procrastination

Procrastination leads to many other mistakes and stressors that detract from service. If there is a single trait that should be erased entirely from a slave’s memory, this is it.

As a servant your goal is to make the owner’s life more comfortable and easy to manage. Procrastination has the opposite effect. This is one of the main areas of trouble I have with Kitten. Her intentions are always good and her devotion is solid ,but her procrastination causes the majority of problems that get her into trouble.

I switch from amiable, pervy top to vitriolic cunt in about 2 seconds when I find she has neglected to do what I have asked. It is always the simplest things that are overlooked or put off. In her mind she asks “ Why is this such a big deal, I did everything else. How come she is so angry about this little thing?” My patience becomes a thing of the past as soon as I see the look in her eye or hear the tone in her voice of “ I am sorry, but why are you so angry about this little thing?” I would rather just complete the tasks myself than follow behind asking “ Is this done? Is this done?” And if I am just going to do it myself, what are we doing here?

It makes me want to hang her up over the trash in the garage, covered in honey until she figures out what I am upset about. Problem is, the little strumpet would figure out a way to eroticize it, so the only thing that works is isolation. They always understand not being allowed to come over. That increases my workload, making me even crankier about the whole situation.

It is a frustrating waste of my valuable time. I have said it before and I’ll say it again: I would rather be fucking. ( That’s my catch phrase for “there is always something better to do with my time”.) In that vein, here are some ideas to consider about procrastination:

*Procrastination is self sabotage. It is an easy trap for an emotional masochist to fall into because of the stress and trouble it causes. Can you think of a faster way to fail than to put things off as long as possible? The stress it causes can be just the fix someone who enjoys being emotionally tormented needs. There are much more interesting and inspiring ways to get those needs met.

* Procrastination is a form of rebellion. It is a simple way of saying “you can’t make me” either directly or indirectly. Does that sound like the right attitude for anyone in service?

* Procrastinators look for distractions. Almost anything but the task at hand will do, especially something that seems important like email or other seemingly important tasks. It is much easier to admit you did not follow through on a particular task due to a distraction that to say, “I was worried I would fail so I didn’t do it.”

According to Dr. Joseph Ferrari ( He is a psychiatrist specializing in procrastination in Chicago.)there are three types of procrastinators:

1. Thrill seekers: wait to the last minute for the euphoric rush.
2. Avoiders: avoid fear of failure or success. Would rather have people think they lack effort than ability. Very concerned with other’s opinions.
3. Decisional: Not making a decision absolves them of the responsibility of the outcome.

I would love to hear about your experiences in dealing with procrastination as either a top or bottom. After my massage, I'll try and recount all the nasty goodness from Saturday night. I am still surprised we didn't get arrested.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Ms Bekta:

I'd love to know how to get out of my procastination habits... Maybe a post about it in the near future?
Thanks

11/6/06, 2:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home