Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Interview for Arena Magazine

A couple of weeks ago I was invited to do an interview for the sex edition of Arena Magazine. It is for the new Singapore edition. I am guessing they are not going to stock that at the local Border's... so without further ado:

1) When did you have your first fetish experience and
how did you discover that your taste in sex was
different from others? What was your first experience
like?


I have been pervy for as long as I can remember. I adored dressing up in glamorous costumes and playing childhood abduction games. I always knew I was different from my friends, though I never felt a sense of shame or guilt. That self-acceptance early on made it easy to explore my fantasies.

I have fond memories of setting a papa-san chair in front of a television to watch smut flicks stolen from my best friend’s step dad. I put my mother’s back massager in the chair and my best friend, her older sister and me took turns masturbating with the vibrator. This seemed like a fun way to spend time together and while I understood we could not share this pastime with our parents, it felt natural and harmless. As I matured, I realized that this was not a common occurrence and it reinforced the progressive nature of my sexuality from an adolescent age. My earliest interactive sexual experiences were power exchanges with a lot of physical domination like biting, scratching and face slapping. I loved the element of surprise and finding out exactly how far my lovers would go to please me. My first experiences were edgy and raw, just like I like it.





2) How long have you been a professional dominatrix?
Since you’ve started, what are the three biggest
changes you’ve seen in the fetish scene? Why do you
think they’ve changed so much?


I have been a professional perv for 7 years. The biggest changes I have seen involve how the public is accepting BDSM into popular culture and mainstream media. Elements of fetish and power play in advertisements, television shows and music. This seems to be increasing as the web expands. The Internet has made it a snap to find kinky personals, how to information and niche smut sites. It is bringing the full spectrum of sexual fantasies out into the light of day and making people feel more comfortable with their own kinky desires. This increased awareness has made it easier for isolated kinksters to realize there are many other people who enjoy the same things. I think the professional domination scene is changing rapidly due to new technology and the increased awareness about kink in general.


3) What is the average profile of your clients now (in
terms of age, occupation, male/female, single/married
etc)? Have they changed much since you started?


Most of the people who see me for pervy playtime are men with enough expendable income to afford a hobby that runs several hundred dollars an hour. They are all unique in terms of age and marital status. Most of them are powerful and in control in their “vanilla” life. They seek solace in the confines of my dungeon because I accept and encourage their desire to submit and play with taboo fantasies. The changes I have seen in clients over the years are in the men themselves. When they see me for an extended period, they grow emotionally and physically in profound ways. It is a very powerful affirmation to have someone who understands these desires to play with and learn from. The cocktail of experience, erotic accouterments and extraordinary understanding is an intoxicating and transformative experience.

4) What is the most popular form of play that’s
usually requested of you?


People generally find me based on my interests and I specialize in a number of perversions. The most common request I receive is for an immersion. Immersions involve extended power play and psychological games that are more extravagant than a traditional hourly session. The goal is to bring them out of the everyday world into a place where time stops and they live in the moment. I might be flown to another city or country and organize a 2-5 day extended session that involves other submissives, dominants, fetish playmates, etc. The possibilities are endless. Popular sessions involve bondage and forced feminization, corporal discipline, humiliation and psychodrama, as well as extreme rubber fetish play.

5) What are some of the more unusual requests in terms
of what turns them on? Could you describe the most
unusual session that you’ve had?


I have quite a kinky sense of humor and believe that anything between two or more consenting adults is OK. All of my sessions are unusual; as each player is unique in their erotic proclivities.

Some of the more eccentric sessions I have done have involved pie throwing, public humiliation, transsexual talent shows, medical role plays, outdoor “hunting” trips, religious role plays and heavy rubber sessions involving rubber dolls and full latex enclosure.


6) I’ve done some research and have come across some
very niche fetishes – eg crush fetishes, spectrophilia
(turned on by ghotsts), voraphilia (turned on by the
idea of being eaten) etc. In your opinion, how did
sexual fetishes evolve to become so niche?


People often times hyper focus on some event or object from around the time of their earliest sexplorations. Most people with very niche fetishes develop them at a young age and tend to be men.

7) In your view, how has the Internet help to bring
elements of fetish sex into the mainstream?


As I mentioned above, the availability of kinky information over the net has made gourmet sexuality possible for people everywhere. It is simple to go online and find other sensualists with similar interests and get explicit how to information. The availability of niche adult websites has given people confirmation that there are others out there wanking to the same forbidden fantasies. In other respects, it has made it very easy for people with ill intentions to take advantage of inexperienced players. I recommend educating yourself through trusted websites of respected experts.

Also, can I ask your age?

Age is irrelevant in the fetish scene. It is a player’s experience that is most important. I have traveled for years indulging in my perversions. Here’s to you deciding to explore some of your own exotic adventures.

2 Comments:

Blogger lacysissy said...

Another great interview. There were two thoughts that struck me while I was reading this: Being asked to provide these interviews is a clear indication of the respect Betka commands within the kink arena, and providing such clear and well thought out responses that outside people can understand means that Betka is able to help improve the perception of BDSM. Thanks so much.

12/19/06, 5:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's interesting. You are one of the few people I can sit and chat with about kinks that doesn't get freaked out. Thank you for encouraging this. Luv you long time.

Muah -Ronabell

12/19/06, 7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home